Perfectly Preserved Podcast Ep 8 - Save time with Steam Canning
Steam canning is a method of water bath canning but by means of a steam canning. While I personally haven’t used a steam canner or own one myself, I think Jenny has brought me around to the idea!
- Reapproved in 2015 by Wisconsin and Utah state cooperative extensions
- Like a sauna for your jars if the water bath is a hot tub
- Same recipes as water bath/high acid recipes only
- Who is it not good for?
- Over 4000ish feet the processing time is limited- max run time of 45 minutes
- Quarts of longer process foods
- Why it is great
- No waiting for the second batch water to boil- 20+ minutes saved each time
- No heavy pot to lift/empty-safer
- No locking lid, very lightweight
Ready to start saving time by steam canning? Check out Smith and Edwards online store to order one!